I hate it when people stalk me..

Audio redubbing.. harder than it looks.. but I took a crack it.

http://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/redub-the-audio/

I decided to pick the scene from A Walk to Remember where Jamie tells Landon that she’s sick. I decided to make him a stalker and have her telling him she wants him gone kind of feel. It took awhile to think of what to say and it actually took wayyyy longer to even select a movie and a clip to redub. I used soundcloud to record and audacity to line up the times when they spoke instead of trying to do the audio moving in Windows Live Movie Maker. I started with it there and when I’d split my tracks some audio would disappear. Some parts don’t line up as well as I’d liked but I took long enough on this that I decided I needed to move on. First I’ll show you the redub, then I’ll show the real video.

Then the real video.. I cut out the beginning part because I didn’t want them to be seen holding hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=eT0YtWK9L0w

That’s really all to this assignment. I don’t have much to say but sorry for the voices being very similar. Also sorry that some of the audios don’t line up well. And I also did want to add like creeper music but after all the other work, I was just ready to post it and move on. I don’t think it turned out too terribly bad.

T.Hobbs

Tags: ,

5 Responses to “I hate it when people stalk me..”

1. For what it takes to redub, you have done this very weel- it is not easy at all!

That is quite a change up from the original, kudos for being able to come up with a different story line.

2. admin says:

Haha thanks! I really wanted to do this assignment and I’m pleased with how it turned out.

3. Liz says:

This works really well! You did a fantastic job syncing up the new audio to their original mouth movements and expressions.

4. admin says:

Haha it was a little hard to even think of stuff to say, but overall I was pleased 🙂

5. Maura says:

Oh my gosh that was awesome! “Especially not in dark alleys” was a priceless little add-in. Great job!