A different interpretation…

http://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/movie-trailer-mashup/

While working on the movie trailer mashup assignment, after watching movie trailers and trying to think of what I could do, I had the brilliant idea to take the trailers of two different films, one just the video and one just the audio, from the same movie series and play it off as if they actually go together. I decided on Harry Potter! What I did..

I downloaded both the trailers for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2. I then converted the Deathly Hollows trailer to solely audio, and put it together with just the video part of the Prisoner of Azkaban. Since the trailers were two different lengths, I cut out a scene near the end of the video part, and everything else seemed to fit together well enough. None of the talking parts are really on in terms of matching people with their voices, but a lot of sound effects go nicely. Overall, I think it worked out pretty good and I’m pleased with the way it turned out.

I got both of the trailers off of Youtube. I used RealPlayer to download and convert, and I also had to use avi to convert as well. Then all my work went into Windows Live Movie Maker.

I know in the description that it says to change the meaning of the trailer, but I just decided to literally mash-up the two different pieces and play it off as if it was actually the real trailer for a Harry Potter movie. I honestly think that people who are not too familiar with the work could even notice, which to me makes it seem like a creative idea.

On to more video work…

T.Hobbs

Tags: ,