Cropped Signs

For this assignment, I actually carried my camera with me while taking out the trash. I photographed a few signs and then decided that I wanted to fix this one up. Below I will post both pictures.

barking

This photo is funny to me for two reasons. The first being, could the sign be referring to actual people barking?!? The second reason it’s funny to me, this picture is at my apartment complex and we aren’t allowed to have dogs. Either way I look at it, it makes me laugh.

To make this photo, I played in Paint. The first thing that I did was use the dropper tool to pick up the color of the sign. I then colored over the word Only. Next, I copied the top part of the P in Parking, and re-sized and played around until I fit it together with the P to turn it into a B. From there, I had to do a little coloring of the black part to make it look more realistic.

So, here’s the original.

Original

Thanks for stopping by,

T.Hobbs

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Cropped Signs”

1. admin says:

Thanks!

2. Saad S. says:

Nice! I like this. Creative idea as well to use the P to make the B! Looks like the original sign

3. admin says:

It took me awhile to pick from the signs that I have taken pictures of, but then I saw this one and thought, hey, no barking tenants?!? I thought I’d give it a go and it worked out 🙂

T.Hobbs

4. admin says:

This one should definitely hit home for you! You’re avatar is a dog 🙂

But thank you, I actually tried to make it look as good as possible by zooming in really close on paint so I could carefully do the coloring that I needed to.

T.Hobbs

5. Alan Levine says:

Hey, tenants should have the rights to bark!

I like how cleanly you’ve re-made the sign. It looks very real.

6. Liz says:

Hah, great job on this one! Before I read your explanation I was indeed picturing barking people and thinking “What? No barking tenants, are they trying to say no crazy people permitted to live in these buildings?” Pretty hilarious and a great idea to have the humor go two ways.